NEW JERSEY RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY LAWYER
Receiving stolen property is a crime in New Jersey. Anyone convicted of receiving stolen property faces hefty fines, community service, probation and even jail. Therefore, it is important for anyone charged with receiving stolen property in New Jersey to consult with an experienced New Jersey Receiving Stolen Property Lawyer.
Free Consultations Available – (908) 358-2938
The Sloan Law Firm handles receiving stolen property charges and all other types of theft offenses occurring in New Jersey. If you or a loved one has been charged with receiving stolen property and would like a free initial consultation to discuss the case, call: (908) 358-2938.
N.J.S.A. 2C:20-7. Receiving Stolen Property.
a. Receiving. A person is guilty of theft if he knowingly receives or brings into this State movable property of another knowing that it has been stolen, or believing that it is probably stolen. It is an affirmative defense that the property was received with purpose to restore it to the owner. “Receiving” means acquiring possession, control or title, or lending on the security of the property.
b. Presumption of knowledge. The requisite knowledge or belief is presumed in the case of a person who:
- Is found in possession or control of two or more items of property stolen on two or more separate occasions; or
- Has received stolen property in another transaction within the year preceding the transaction charged; or
- Being a person in the business of buying or selling property of the sort received, acquires the property without having ascertained by reasonable inquiry that the person from whom he obtained it had a legal right to possess and dispose of it; or
- Is found in possession of two or more defaced access devices; or
- Is found in possession of property of a cargo carrier without proper documentation or other evidence of right to possession.
New Jersey Receiving Stolen Property Lawyer – (908) 358-2938
The Sloan Law Firm provides aggressive and experienced legal defense to anyone charged with receiving stolen property and other criminal offenses in New Jersey. If you or a loved one has been charged with receiving stolen property under N.J.S.A. 2C:20-7 and would like to discuss the charge with a New Jersey Receiving Stolen Property Lawyer, please do not hesitate to contact the Sloan Law Firm at: (908) 358-2938. The initial consultation is always free. We are available 24/7.
- Union County
- Somerset County
- Essex County
- Morris County
- Middlesex County
- Monmouth County
- Hudson County
- Bergen County
- Ocean County
- Hunterdon County
- Passaic County
- Sussex County