BUSTED FOR DUI IN RAHWAY?
Rahway, New Jersey has a vibrant downtown with many great restaurants and bars. Unfortunately, there are times when the police must pull people over and charge them with DUI. In this scenario, it is important to remember that you do not have the right to refuse a breathalyzer. Refusing a breathalyzer is also a serious offense. It is also important to consult with an experienced Rahway NJ DUI Lawyer.
Rahway NJ DUI Lawyer – Free Consultations Available
The penalties for driving while intoxicated/driving under the influence are severe. Those convicted of drunk driving face stiff fines and surcharges, loss of driving privileges and possibly incarceration. Subsequent DWI / DUI convictions may result in even higher fines and mandatory jail.
FIRST OFFENSE – DUI
Blood Alcohol Level (BAC) of .08%-.09%
• Imprisonment: Up to 30 days • License suspension: 90 Days • Fines: $250 – $400 plus fees • Surcharge: $1,000 a year for 3 years • Intoxicated Drivers Resource Center (IDRC): 12 – 48 hours BAC of .10% or more • Imprisonment: Up to 30 days • License suspension: 7 months to 1 year • Fines: $300 – $500 plus fees • Surcharge: $1,000 a year for 3 years • IDRC: 12 – 48 hours • Interlock: 6 months to 1 year for BAC .15 or more
BAC of .10% or more
• Imprisonment: Up to 30 days • License suspension: 7 months to 1 year • Fines: $300 – $500 plus fees • Surcharge: $1,000 a year for 3 years • IDRC: 12 – 48 hours • Interlock: 6 months to 1 year for BAC .15 or more
SECOND OFFENSE – DUI
• Imprisonment: at least 48 hours and up to 90 days • License Suspension: 2 years • Fines: $500 – $1,000 plus fees • Surcharge: $1,000 a year for 3 years • Interlock: 1 – 3 years • Community Service: 30 days • IDRC: 12-48 hours
THIRD OFFENSE – DUI
• Imprisonment: 180 days mandatory • License Suspension: 10 years • Fines: $1,000 plus fees • Surcharge: $1,500 a year for 3 years • Interlock: 1 – 3 years • IDRC: 12-48 hours
New Jersey DWI Defense Attorney – (908) 358-2938
Those accused of DUI or other criminal charges in Rahway and throughout New Jersey are presumed innocent. It is important to know your rights immediately if you have been charged with a criminal offense. The Sloan Law Firm handles DUI/DWI, Refusal and criminal cases In Rahway and throughout New Jersey. If you would like a free initial consultation to discuss your case, call (908) 358-2938.
- Rahway NJ Criminal Lawyer
- Rahway NJ Marijuana Lawyer
- Rahway NJ Municipal Court Lawyer
- Rahway NJ Traffic Ticket Lawyer
- Rahway NJ Personal Injury Lawyer
- Rahway NJ Auto Accident Lawyer
Submit your review
I received a ticket for an illegal left. I left Court with no points on my license and a small fine thanks to Dan Sloan. Dan kept me informed the entire time and supported me even with this minor incident. I have recommended Dan to friends and family who have also had successful outcomes with Dan by their side.
I received a moving violation, and was very nervous to go to court and face the penalties. Dan assured me not worry- his confidence and well-rounded knowledge of the law are why I walked out of the court very happy. I highly recommend Dan Sloan and will only call him for any other issue I should face.