MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYER UNION COUNTY NJ
Motorcycles have always been allowed on the New Jersey Turnpike. However, this has not always been true for the Garden State Parkway. Motorcyclists were allowed on Garden State Parkway when it opened in 1951. In 1961, things changed for motorcyclists in New Jersey. Believe it or not, operating a motorcycle on the Garden State Parkway between 1961 and 1975 was illegal because of the personal injury and property damage due to motorcycle accidents. In 1975, Governor Byrne signed a bill allowing motorcyclists to operate on the Garden State Parkway again under pressure from motorcycle groups, provided they abide by new safety rules, including the use of protective gear and minimum power.
FREE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE – (908) 358-2938
New Jersey residents operating a motorcycle must have either: (1) a motorcycle endorsement on their existing driver license or (2) a separate motorcycle license. All motorcycles must be titled, registered and insured. Under the New Jersey Helmet Law:
No person shall operate or ride upon a motorcycle unless he wears a securely fitted protective helmet of a size proper for that person and of a type approved by the federal DOT. Such a helmet must be equipped with either a neck or chin strap and be reflectorized on both sides.
New Jersey recommends the following safety tips for motorists traveling near or around motorcyclists:
- Be Alert for Motorcycles – Heavy traffic could hide a motorcycle. Be aware constantly.
- Anticipate Hazards for Motorcycles – Be prepared to react to poor road conditions, such as debris or oil slicks, railroad tracks or raised manhole covers.
- Do Not Tailgate Motorcycles – They require less stopping distance than other vehicles.
- Share the Road – Sharing the road will save lives. Motorcyclists and motorists abide by the same traffic laws. To avoid crashes, obey speed laws, warning signs and traffic signals. Share the road. Remember that motorcycles are much smaller and maneuver faster than other vehicles, so always check your mirrors twice.
Motorcycle Accidents in New Jersey
Despite the safety precautions, there are occasions when motorcyclists are involved in auto accidents. Between 2007 to 2016, motorcycle fatalities varied. In 2011, New Jersey recorded the highest number of fatalities (93). In 2015, New Jersey recorded the lowest number (50). New Jersey recorded over 12,000 motorcycle crashes between 2011 and 2015.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in New Jersey
Operating a motorcycle on the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway or any other roadway in New Jersey can be dangerous. The dangers associated with operating a motorcycle can increase when the following conditions are present:
- Driver fatigue
- Construction on the roadway
- Road construction
- Poor visibility
- Slippery conditions involving oil, rain or ice
- Road Bends, Curves and hills
It is important for anyone injured in a New Jersey motorcycle accident through no fault of their own to consult with a Union County NJ Motorcycle Accident Lawyer because, many times, the injuries are severe. The Sloan Law Firm handles accidents involving motorcycles, ATVs, Dirt Bikes and any other type of motorcycle in Union County, New Jersey.
Motorcycle accident cases are complex and winning them requires an understanding of all aspects of the law in New Jersey. Handling them on your own is not advisable. Defense attorneys and insurance adjusters have a great deal of experience handling injury claims. It is important to have experience on your side too. On behalf of the client, the Sloan Law Firm will focus on:
- Getting medical bills paid
- Recovering compensation for pain and suffering
- Recuperating lost wages
THE SLOAN LAW FIRM WORKS ON A CONTINGENCY BASIS – NO RECOVERY, NO FEE
FREE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE – (908) 358-2938
The Sloan Law Firm works on a contingency basis when handling personal injury cases, which means there is no upfront legal expenses and there is no attorney fee unless damages are recovered on behalf of the client.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a Union County, NJ motorcycle accident and need to speak to an experienced Union County NJ Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorney, you can reach the Sloan Law Firm at: (908) 358-2938 for a free consultation. Attorney Daniel Sloan has recovered millions of dollars for his clients.
RECENT PERSONAL INJURY RESULTS
- $1,000,000 Recovery – Pedestrian hit by motor vehicle
- $850,000 Recovery – Motorist struck by truck on highway
- $250,000 Recovery – Husband and wife struck from behind on highway
CALL TODAY – (908) 358-2938 FOR A FREE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURY CASE REVIEW
Submit your review
I received a moving violation, and was very nervous to go to court and face the penalties. Dan assured me not worry- his confidence and well-rounded knowledge of the law are why I walked out of the court very happy. I highly recommend Dan Sloan and will only call him for any other issue I should face.